The Management of Risk (M_o_R®) course, offered in conjunction with CCLearning, is a route map for risk management. It brings together principles, an approach, a set of interrelated processes, and pointers to more detailed sources of advice on risk management techniques and specialisms. It provides advice on how the principles, approach, and processes should be embedded, reviewed and applied differently depending on the nature of the objectives at risk.
The M_o_R Foundation course is a 3-day session that introduces a framework for taking informed decisions about risk. This course is applicable to senior executives, business line managers, business process owners and people involved in directing or managing programmes and projects. Find out what Management of Risk is, how it is used and how it can benefit you and your organisation. Suitable for any executive or manager, especially those people with responsibility for the implementation and operation of management of risk
Benefits of Training:
- MoR® concepts and terminology
- The key principles underpinning the effective management of risk
- The main components of the risk management process
- How to manage risk at the strategic, programme, project and operational levels
- Techniques to support the management of risk process.
- Overview of corporate governance and management of risk
- The management of risk process life cycle
- Making it work and getting it right
- Frameworks, tools and techniques
- Budgets, finance and Management of Risk
- Communicating and training for risk, risk awareness and Management of Risk
- Management, measurement, control and reporting
- Support function for the Management of Risk within a programme and/or project.
Limited to 15 students
- Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners
Suitable for any executive or manager, especially those people with responsibility for the implementation and operation of management of risk in regards to projects, programmes and portfolios.
- Some experience of Project Management is useful
- Participants will be required to complete the pre-course reading provided, an estimated 10-15 hours in duration.
- Participants should anticipate 2-3 hours of homework and review nightly during the course.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 75 questions per paper
- Five questions are ‘trial questions’ and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
This course is offered publicly to individuals and in-house to groups of 8 to 14.
If you would like more information, call 613-680-6111 x342.
M_o_R® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
SOMOS’ M_o_R training is provided in association with CCLearning.