A three-day course for Senior Project Managers that want to manage an entire portfolio, or programme of projects. This course provides a practical road map from conception to close for all types of high-level programmes and a framework to deliver transformational project portfolios that benefit stakeholders, the business, and the bottom line.
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is a widely used international standard for Programme Management that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful programme. It builds on the definitions and structure of PM knowledge and defines a series of processes, components, and techniques that can be applied managing any size or subject of programme. Learn how to run a portfolio of interlinked projects to make the tactical and operational changes required to transform an entire organization.
It provides project managers with a practical road map from conception to close for all types of projects and a framework to deliver projects that benefit stakeholders, the business, and the bottom line.
The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation course is a 3 day course that provides participants with a general understanding of the key components and processes of MSP in order to manage groups of projects in the scope of a larger programme. It is a necessary building block for the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner course and the two courses are typically taken together.
On completion of this course, participants will achieve a detailed and practical understanding of the MSP programme management method. Participants will learn how to use MSP for programmes of all sizes and types, avoiding unnecessary overheads and gaining maximum benefit.
Participants will learn the MSP programme management framework including:
Nine Programme Governance Themes:
- Benefits Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Programme Planning and Control
- Business Case Management
- Quality Management
The MSP Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Trenches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising Benefits
- Closing a Programme
Attendees will receive:
- MSP Foundation Certificate
3 days | 36 PDUs
Limited to 15 students
- Accredited MSP course materials designed to help students understand the MSP method in depth
- MSP manual: “Managing Successful Programmes”
- Project Managers
- Project Executives
- Programme Managers
- Programme Support Staff
- Anyone who needs to operate confidently in a multi-project transformational environment
- Experience of Project Management is useful
- Knowledge of the PRINCE2® framework is highly recommended
- Participants will be required to complete the pre-course reading provided, which is estimated to take approx 15 hours.
- Participants should be prepared to commit 2-3 hours per night reviewing and completing exercises.
- Multiple choice questions
- 75 questions per paper with one mark available per question
- Five questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 marks available) – 50%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
MSP® and PRINCE2® are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited.