A two-day follow-up to the PRINCE2 Foundation course. It examines the PRINCE2 methodology in greater depth and provides Project and Program Managers with the tools to effectively lead projects of all sizes and types.
PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) is a widely used international standard for Project Management that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project. It builds on the definitions and structure of PM knowledge and defines a series of processes, components, and techniques that can be applied managing any size or subject of project.
It provides project managers with a practical road map from conception to close for all types of projects and a framework to deliver projects that benefit stakeholders, the business, and the bottom line.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner course is a 2-day follow-on course to the PRINCE2 Foundation course. It examines the PRINCE2 methodology in greater depth and provides Project and Program Managers with the tools to effectively lead projects of all sizes and types. By the end of the course, participants will be fully prepared for the official PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams, which are held in the final stage of the course. Attendees must have successfully completed the 3-day PRINCE2 Foundation course in order to take the Practitioner course. Most participants take the two courses together.
On completion of this course, participants will achieve a detailed and practical understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method. Participants will learn how to use PRINCE2 for projects of all sizes and types, avoiding unnecessary overheads and gaining maximum benefit.
Participants will learn the PRINCE2 project management framework including:
- 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting Up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Managing Product Delivery
- Closing a Project
- 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case
- 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Mangage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
Attendees will also have written the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam as part of the course.
Those who are successful on the examination will receive:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate
- Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner Accreditation
2 days | 20 PDUs
The three-day Foundation Course, plus:
- Review of Day 3
- Practitioner Exam – Tips and Technique
- Revision of Key Areas
- Practitioner Exam Questions
- Homework – Revision for Practitioner Exam
- Review of Day 4
- Practitioner Exam Revision
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
Limited to 14 students
- Accredited PRINCE2 course materials designed to help students understand the PRINCE2 method in depth
- PRINCE2 manual: “Managing Successful Projects”
- Project Managers
- Team Managers
- Anyone responsible for delivering a project using the PRINCE2 method
- Anyone interested in receiving the PRINCE2 accreditation
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
- Objective testing
- Eight questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).
This course is offered publicly to individuals and in-house to groups of 8 to 14.
Attendees on this course are eligible to receive 20 PDUs towards their PMI certification or renewal.
If you would like to discuss your organization’s management development needs with a SOMOS account executive, call 613-680-6111 x342
*PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.